[typo] Gallery support

Timothy Freund tim at digital-achievement.com
Sun Aug 20 21:51:45 EDT 2006

That was my thought as well, although I have never seen Gallery2.

What about rgallery[1]?  It's a rails application -- I haven't looked
into it in any detail, but if it supports the rails theme plugin[2] we'd
be 1/2 way there to having a gallery that supports existing Typo themes.

Typo themes and themes for the rail theme plugin are close enough that
getting a theme to work for both apps would be easy.

Does rgallery support themes out of the box?

Tim

[1] http://rgallery.dk/wiki
[2]
http://www.mattmccray.com/archives/2006/04/09/rails-theme-support-plugin-v-14/

Ernie Oporto wrote:

> I would be more interested in seeing Typo skins ported over to Gallery2
> so that the two look more consistent when presented together on the same
> site.  I think that would avoid reinventing the Gallery wheel.
>

> On 8/20/06, *mathew* <meta at pobox.com <mailto:meta at pobox.com>> wrote:
>
>     tuomas at peippo.eu <mailto:tuomas at peippo.eu> wrote:
>      > I have been thinking of implementing basic gallery support for typo.
>      > The main benefit of this would be that all site's data could be
>      > handled at same place and design would be the same over the site.
>      >

>     I just don't see gallery functionality as part of a weblog engine, any
>     more than I see chat, news and e-mail as part of a web browser.
>
>      > Gallery should be simple to use and maintain. People who need some
>      > advanced features probably uses separate gallery software like
>      > gallery2 already so there is no need to try to have all possible
>      > features on earth implemented.
>      >

>     I would say that that's a good argument for not building a gallery into
>     typo at all: it means anyone who really wants gallery functionality will
>     likely find the built-in functionality insufficient, so they'll end up
>     paying the cost in bloat, without getting any benefit.
>
>     That said, I don't object to gallery features in Typo as long as
>     there's
>     an easy way to rip them out.
>

>     mathew

> Ernie