[typo] Line ending problems under Windows?

Brian Hutchison b.hutchison at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 18:11:39 EDT 2006

Is anyone else having problems with the 4.0.x code (including trunk) under
Windows? I'm running Windows XP SP2 and I get all sorts of weird errors. I
believe its related to the line endings.

*** example output ***

compile error
./script/../config/../app/views/layouts/accounts.rhtml:3: parse error,
unexpected tIDENTIFIER, expecting kEND
./script/../config/../app/views/layouts/accounts.rhtml:4: Invalid char
`\003' in expression
./script/../config/../app/views/layouts/accounts.rhtml:4: parse error,
unexpected tIDENTIFIER, expecting kEND

Each and every time, editing the file in an editor (I typically use Textpad
& RadRails) solves the problem. In other words, I just open the file add a
blank line, delete the blank line, then save (this to 'trick' the editor
into setting the 'dirty' flag that a save is needed).  This didn't happen in
the 2.6 code base, but I can't exactly say where things went astray.