[typo] The Typo trunk will soon be unstable

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Fri Aug 18 07:59:42 EDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Dick Davies <rasputnik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/08/06, Scott Laird <scott at sigkill.org> wrote:
> > This is just a heads-up--I'm going to commit a big block of 4.1 code
> > soon-ish and then head out of town for a couple days, possibly without
> > network access.  I'd like to get the code into peoples' hands, and it
> > passes tests, but there are probably problems lurking.
> >
> > So, if you value stability, don't go past r1232 for now.
> Have you thought of maybe doing branches for stable and 'current'
> (I haven't done much merging with svn, so that may well be a PITA)?

Well, at the moment branch_4_0_x is stable and trunk is unstable.
Doing development in the trunk is generally the easiest way to work;
most other vc patterns end up with too effort spent merging.

Heck, just merging this block of code (which lived in a branch on my
laptop for a week) was kind of an adventure, and it was a slow week.
Because of all of the renames that this patch does, a lot of this
week's patches didn't apply cleanly.  If we stretched that out for
another month or two, we'd kill ourselves.

It'll take a day or two, but the trunk will be stable-ish fairly soon.
 This was a huge patch, but the basic changes were fairly
straightforward.  A lot of it is really just search-and-replace