[typo] Email notification of comments

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Thu Aug 17 22:19:39 EDT 2006

>> Trejkaz,
>>
>> You need to set up your mail server information in config/mail.yml for
>> email notification to work.  See mail.yml.example for the format of
>> the file.  Hope this helps.
>
> I don't particularly care about mail notifications as I've only ever used
> the Jabber notifications.

Also FWIW, I just configured mail.yml on my local development copy (using
smtp to my local server) and those aren't being sent out either.

If I send through the console using article.comments.create!, I can at
least see this in the log:

  User Load (0.000735)   SELECT * FROM users WHERE (notify_on_comments = 1)

And indeed the notifications then work.

I would do a bit more research but I'm not entirely sure where I should be
looking.  My naive guess is that this is somehow related to the new state
changing code, and perhaps the state of a piece of content changes
differently depending on whether it was created through the frontend or
the console.

TX