[typo] [FATAL] failed to allocate memory

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Tue Aug 15 15:06:17 EDT 2006

"Steve Longdo" <steve.longdo at gmail.com> writes:

> On TextDrive the profiling code has enough overhead it kills the thread
> sometimes.  I have noticed that the number of Blog objects seems to stack up
> over time though.  I've seen as many 22 instantiated at the same time.
> Considering that I only have one Blog that seems kind of high.

Every so often I think "I really should rewrite ActiveRecord so that
there's only one instance of given object in memory at any one time."

And then I remember what a pain in the arse it can be to sort that

> Granted they don't take up much memory themselves, but I wonder if they hold
> on to arrays of Content objects and prevent them from being garbage
> collected.  I am still digging into it.

If they're not disappearing it's because something permanent is
holding a link to them, which is unlikely to be a content
object. Presumably it's possible to write something to do an
objectspace walk and find all the objects linking to your multiple
blog instances.

Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>