[typo] [FATAL] failed to allocate memory

Paul Brown paulrbrown at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 14:35:40 EDT 2006

On 8/15/06, Scott Laird <scott at sigkill.org> wrote:
> One thing I'd recommend (if you aren't doing this already) is to build
> a memory profiler component with an action that dumps your memory
> profile data.  Then you can run zillions of queries without paying the
> price of the memory profiler per hit, while still having your data
> always be accessible.
>
> If one of these was easily available, then I wouldn't have to write my
> own when I start working on memory leaks.  Hint, hint.

Heh.  You can get away with something simpler.  Do what I did:

1) Add the profile hook as an after filter on the main article controller.
2) Add a class-level variable (@@next_time_to_run).
3) Set an interval at which to run the profile dump.

Links to profiling code snippet, etc., are here:

http://tinyurl.com/n42nf

paulrbrown at gmail.com
http://mult.ifario.us/