[typo] [FATAL] failed to allocate memory

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Tue Aug 15 12:25:39 EDT 2006

On 8/15/06, Scott Laird <scott at sigkill.org> wrote:
> On 8/15/06, Josh Knowles <joshknowles at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I thought it might be something like this but was given no log message
> > indicating that my process was being killed.  Thanks for the link and the
> > shove in the right direction!
> >
> > So even with the removal of the majority of the components my two processes
> > are still hovering around 42-48meg, is this normal?
> >
> > Josh
> That's still higher then I'd like to see, but it's within the range
> that people have reported.

...and having said that, I just checked mine, and I'm seeing 56-62 MB
after two days.  And, more annoying, it's racked up about 9 hours of
CPU time along the way.  Admittedly, this is a slow box (Athlon 700
Mhz), and my blog is fairly busy.

I'm not focusing on doing a lot of speed or memory improvements with
4.0 right now.  I'm going to release 4.0.3 with a couple more bug
fixes soon, but after that I'm going to start concentrating on Typo
4.1.  One of the big goals for 4.1 is performance; if I find anything
big and obvious, then I'll back-port the change to 4.0, but I don't
want to experiment with 4.0--that's what 4.1 is for.