[typo] Cleanups for 4.1

Alastair Rankine arsptr at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 15 07:49:48 EDT 2006

On 15/08/2006, at 3:21 AM, Scott Laird wrote:

> I've been working on some cleanups for 4.1 in a branch, and I wanted
> to give a heads-up here, so people can scream in terror before I
> commit it :-).
>
> The first change is that blog.url_for now uses
> blog.canonical_server_url.  This means that we don't need a controller
> to generate URLs any more.  Which leads to...

Not exactly a scream in terror, but...

Does this mean that I won't be able to take my production database
and run it on a development server (on a different virtual host)
without modifying the canonical_server_url?

To put it another way, does this work require knowing the server
(virtual) hostname or can you do what you have to do using just
absolute paths?