[typo] More medium/long term Typo goals

Timothy Freund tim at digital-achievement.com
Tue Aug 15 01:17:19 EDT 2006

I just filed ticket #1085.

The Aggregator object, in addition to RSS 2.0, has basic support of Atom
feeds.  More importantly it logs errors to the application log so that
users have some starting point to work from when dealing with sidebars
that won't display.  So it is verbose, but hopefully in a constructive way.

I included Flickr and 43Things model implementations as examples of how
subclassing the Aggregator class works.

The Aggregator class has a field called errors.  I use that to collect
errors that I then look for in the unit tests, but I can also imagine
one day exposing those errors in the admin console.  If a user was
confronted with "Error opening url ($FEED_URL): 404" while configuring a
sidebar they will be more likely to fix the problem without becoming
frustrated.

Any comments or suggestions are very appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

--
Timothy Freund