[typo] Cleanups for 4.1

Josh Susser josh at hasmanythrough.com
Mon Aug 14 23:49:24 EDT 2006

On Aug 14, 2006, at 10:21 AM, Scott Laird wrote:
> I've been working on some cleanups for 4.1 in a branch, and I wanted
> to give a heads-up here, so people can scream in terror before I
> commit it :-).

This is pretty spiffy.

> The downside of this is that I've probably broken most themes.  The
> changes needed will be pretty trivial, but changes will be needed.
> This is for 4.1, not 4.0--it won't be released for months, so we'll
> have time to clean up themes.  This probably won't be the last
> incompatible theme/sidebar/text filter change for 4.1, but we'll have
> some good things that will make up for it soon--trust us :-).

Since you're targeting a release a few months out, are you going to
shoot for Rails 1.2?  In other words, are you going to develop it on
edge or on 1.1.x/stable?  If you're going the 1.2/edge way, you could
probably use the RESTful routes to clean things up even more.  Also,
you can use <named>_path instead of <named>_url, which is like
url_for with :path_only => true (i.e. no "http://domain.com" in the

Rock on!

Josh Susser