[typo] Atom Export Proposal

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Aug 14 09:32:29 EDT 2006

I haven't had time to look over the whole document yet, but I like
what I've seen so far.  I have a few suggested changes :-).

First, I think the content body model is going to cause problems.
Here's how you're doing it now:

    <content type="text">I just wrote this *brilliant Java code*. Have a look!

    public String getPaula() {
        return paula;

Can we change this to something like this:

    <export:body type="http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/"
label="Markdown">I just wrote this *brilliant Java code*. Have a look!

    public String getPaula() {
        return paula;
    <content type="html">I just wrote this <em>brilliant Java
code</em>. Have a look!

    public String getPaula() {
        return paula;

Basically, provide both the original format (for importers that
understand Markdown) and the processed format (for importers that
don't understand the original format).

Next, can you rename export:page to export:static or something
similar?  I'd rather not be *too* Typo-specific :-).

Also, how does this represent things like:

 - per-article trackback/comment open/closed?
 - extended entries/excerpts/keywords