[typo] More medium/long term Typo goals

Timothy Freund tim at digital-achievement.com
Sat Aug 12 21:30:24 EDT 2006

As a follow up to this goal, I'd like to see better error handling in
the sidebars.  I'll help too -- I just wanted to talk over the issue
before writing a bunch of code in seclusion.

I was recently contacted by someone who was having trouble configuring
their sidebars, and most of the problems came down to bad input values.
  He was frustrated because the values were accepted, but nothing was
displayed in his blog, and no warnings appeared in either the admin
console or the server logs.

After looking at some of the RSS based sidebar plugins (Flickr,
delicious, etc), there's a lot code that looks like it was
copy-and-pasted.  I've started figuring out how to refactor the common
RSS code into one place.  Sometime in the next few days I will have
collected enough coding time to have a patch available for review.

Piers, let me know how I can help best without stepping all over your toes.

Thanks,

Tim

--
Timothy Freund