[typo] Help with comment box in themes

Jason Burks jburks725 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 16:07:18 EDT 2006

I've noticed that the Scribbish theme doesn't support some of the
slick comment functionality that Azure does.  Namely, it doesn't seem
to have the admin "buttons" for nuking or editing, and it doesn't seem
to slide the comments into place.  I've managing to hack both of those
in pretty easily, but I'm stumped on one final piece.  When I submit a
comment, it does not clear the comment_body textarea.

I've looked at the default view code for _comment_box.rhtml in Azure,
and I've compared it to what I've got for my hacked up Scribbish, and
I cannot see why it's not working.  The textareas in both are created
with <%= text_area 'comment', 'body' %> tags.  The form id and name
are both the same.  I've modified the Submit button code so it matches
Azure (that was the key to getting the comment to slide into place),
but I cannot for the life of me find the piece that will clear that
textarea.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'll happily
submit my diffs once I get it working.

Regards,
Jason