[typo] Atom exporting

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Aug 7 11:36:05 EDT 2006

I'd love to see an Atom-based blog export/import standard.  Does
anyone know any of the WP guys?

It seems to me that the rational thing to do would be to have a "pure"
Atom feed, including HTML for each entry, and then add an 'export'
namespace and use tags like '<export:description>' to include the
original markup, as well as other fields that don't map into standard
Atom (comments open, trackbacks, etc).  I'm not sure if static
content, comments, and trackbacks would be better as more entries with
a special type flag or as their own tag.

I suspect that we could get a few prominent non-Typo XML people
involved in this pretty quickly, if we can sit down and produce a
first draft of the standard.