[typo] Typo's memory footprint

Eric Sendelbach eric.sendelbach at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 10:03:27 EDT 2006

Yes, I am still having problems with this, but nobody seems to worry too
much about it. Unfortunately for me TextDrive would have killed the process
a LONG time ago when it went over 48 megs. I suppose I could do the same
with a cron job and monitor memory usage, but it would have to restart every
3 minutes or so and I don't think I nor the nice folks at TextDrive would
like that too much. :)

Since TextDrive is supposed to be the premier RoR host and Typo the premier
RoR blogging software, it only seems natural that the two should play nice
together.

On 8/7/06, Paul Barry <mail at paulbarry.com> wrote:

> Almost a week later here's what the memory usage looks like:
>
> root      3395  0.1 58.0  76412 54980 ?        S    Aug02  14:07
> /usr/bin/ruby /usr/bin/mongrel_rails start
>
> So no one else is having problems with this?  I gonna have to put in a
> cron job to restart this weekly, since it's obviously leaking memory.
>
> On 8/4/06, Paul Barry <mail at paulbarry.com> wrote:
> >
> > A few days later here's where it's at:
> >
> > root      3395  0.3 53.3  53616 50524 ?        S    Aug02   9:37
> > /usr/bin/ruby /usr/bin/mongrel_rails start
> >
> > Seems to be creeping up.  Is this a memory leak or just normal?  Is
> > anyone else seeing this?
> >

> > On 8/2/06, Paul Barry < mail at paulbarry.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >  FYI, I have having a serious memory leak using typo 3.99.x (I think
> > > .4, can't remember).  It was so bad I couldn't even ssh into VPS account and
> > > I had to get the sysadmin to restart my "server".  Anyway, I just upgraded
> > > to 4.00, couldn't have been any easier.  Taking at look at the memory
> > > usage, it looks like this in "ps aux":
> > >
> > > Right after starting:
> > > root      3395 31.0 25.9  27732 24608 ?        S    10:31   0:02
> > > /usr/bin/ruby /usr/bin/mongrel_rails start
> > >
> > > After first hit to home page:
> > > root      3395  5.7 26.3  28120 24980 ?        S    10:31   0:02
> > > /usr/bin/ruby /usr/bin/mongrel_rails start
> > >
> > > After first posted article:
> > > root      3395 16.4 36.9  37900 34984 ?        R    10:31   1:00
> > > /usr/bin/ruby /usr/bin/mongrel_rails start
> > > Seems to have leveled off at the last level.  I'll let you know if I
> > > continue to have problems or if the memory leak is indeed solved with
> > > 4.00.  I'm using apache2 mod_proxy, mongrel and sqlite on a FC4 VPS
> > > host.

Eric Sendelbach
229 Fulton St
Indianapolis, IN 46202