[typo] Version Controling Modifications

Phillip Toland phil.toland at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 16:44:09 EDT 2006

On 8/2/06, Josh Knowles <joshknowles at gmail.com> wrote:
> When running off Typo-Trunk what is the recommended way to store
> modifications to core or theme within SVN?  Normally one would use
> SVN:Externals to link in some external libraries, such as vendor/rails, but
> how are people managing to run off trunk, and version control their
> bug-fixes, theme changes, etc?

I don't know about "recommended", but I use Darcs and a script called
tailor that lets me synchronize with typo SVN. I am actually just
putting the finishing touches on a blog post describing my setup. Look
for it at http://fiatdev.com/ in the next day or so.

Also, you can use SVK to do the same thing. See
http://scottstuff.net/blog/articles/2005/07/07/distributed-development-with-svk.
The SVK setup is probably a little simpler to get set up, but I think
that the Darcs method is more usable.

Phil