[typo] Typo's memory footprint

Eric Sendelbach eric.sendelbach at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 09:03:30 EDT 2006

I am hosting my blog on Textdrive and they have a 48 meg limit on
process usage. After that it just gets whacked. On a fresh restart
with Typo 4.0.0 its SIZE is 36016K and its RES is 33452K. A couple
hits on the main page tack on around 4 more megs and about 90% of the
time just editing an article will push it over the top. Pre 4.0.0 I
was running on trunk and did not experience this problem. Maybe I was
hovering at the limit and didn't realize it. My install of Typo is
sitting behind lighttpd/fastcgi.

Does anybody on the list know if turning off or abstaining from the
use of certain features will help relieve how much memory is consumed?
In the spirit of Piers' email to look at more mid/long term goals, I
think that memory consumption is definitely something that could be
looked at, at least to offer some way of working with a lighter memory