[typo] XML renderings...

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Apr 27 17:29:53 EDT 2006

"Scott Laird" <scott at sigkill.org> writes:

> On 4/27/06, mathew <meta at pobox.com> wrote:> Scott Laird wrote:> > A
> couple things:> > 1.  How do we do both RSS and Atom feeds?> >>>
> Ruby XML Builder 2.0 was released recently. It now does automatic>
> escaping. I don't find Atom or RSS to be complicated enough that
> it's> worth using a special purpose library to *produce* them;
> they're just> XML, after all.

> No, I mean if we move the Atom feed from /xml/... to /articles,
> anddistinguish between the Atom feed and the HTML feed via the
> Acceptheader, then how do we feed both Atom and RSS from the same
> URL?

DHH covers this in the article where he introduced them; you munge the
request to have an appropriate Accepts and serve up
'application/xml+rss' and 'application/xml+atom' or whatever it is.

And ideally we drop Atom 0.3 from our supported list.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/