[typo] XML renderings...

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Wed Apr 26 23:21:52 EDT 2006

A couple things:
1.  How do we do both RSS and Atom feeds?
2.  How does this interact with the Atom publishing protocol?  I'vebeen dealing with the Google Calendar protocol lately, and it's moreor less the same as the Atom publishing protcol.  It's a very nice,RESTful, way to do things.  But it'd be nice if we could support itwithout having to fight with the new URL stuff.  Yeah, I know this isa research question :-(.

Scott
--sooner or later, we're going to want to add Atom API support.  It'sa very nice protocol
On 4/25/06, Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk> wrote:> "Scott Laird" <scott at sigkill.org> writes:>> > I'm kind of conflicted on this one.  The respond_to code is reallynice, I'm using it on a little toy that I wrote for work a coupleweeks ago.  On the other hand, I hate changing URLs, and moving feedsis a pain in the neck.  On the gripping hand, the basic code really*is* the same--select a bunch on content, and then render it.> > So I guess I can say that I can see arguments either way.  Pick> > yourfavorite :-).>> For me, the DRY aspects of this are a huge win. If we can reduce the> XML framework to a simple set of redirects that can be optionally> turned on and off then new typo blogs can simply start up with the new> url scheme, and us old farts can continue to serve up the URLs we've> always served up.>> And every time we add a new index, we can just write the appropriate> rxml files and be done.>> --> Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>> http://www.bofh.org.uk/> _______________________________________________> Typo-list mailing list> Typo-list at rubyforge.org> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list>