[typo] XML renderings...

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Wed Apr 26 00:56:40 EDT 2006

"Scott Laird" <scott at sigkill.org> writes:

> I'm kind of conflicted on this one.  The respond_to code is reallynice, I'm using it on a little toy that I wrote for work a coupleweeks ago.  On the other hand, I hate changing URLs, and moving feedsis a pain in the neck.  On the gripping hand, the basic code really*is* the same--select a bunch on content, and then render it.
> So I guess I can say that I can see arguments either way.  Pick
> yourfavorite :-).

For me, the DRY aspects of this are a huge win. If we can reduce the
XML framework to a simple set of redirects that can be optionally
turned on and off then new typo blogs can simply start up with the new
url scheme, and us old farts can continue to serve up the URLs we've
always served up.

And every time we add a new index, we can just write the appropriate
rxml files and be done.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/