[typo] Wordpress Mu

marcus estes marcus at tablesturned.com
Tue Apr 25 16:16:50 EDT 2006

>From the Lyceum FAQ:

"Q: What is the difference between Lyceum and WordPress MU?

The main difference between Lyceum and MU is the database schema. MU
creates a set of tables for each blog in a system. Lyceum uses a fixed
number of tables for the entire system.

In WordPress MU, every user must have a blog. In Lyceum, users and
blogs are completely unrelated entities. Each blog can have arbitrary
users, each with arbitrary permissions, and it is possible for a user
to have no permissions on no blogs (this makes sense because a blog
administrator may choose to only allow comments from users who are
registered on the system).

In Lyceum, each blog can turn (pre-aproved, admin-installed) plugins
on and off as they like.

We've also made a smattering of security and performance improvements
to WordPress (some of which may or may not be applicable to the MU
architecture). "