[typo] Timezones

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Tue Apr 25 00:55:04 EDT 2006

On 4/24/06, mathew <meta at pobox.com> wrote:> Trejkaz wrote:> > On Tuesday 25 April 2006 01:01, mathew wrote:> >> >> Read the rest of the e-mail, where I consider that possibility and point> >> out the problems it has.> >>> >> > There is a sum total of one problem with storing times in UTC, and that is the> > question of what to do when a single user posts from multiple timezones.>> No, that's not a problem. The problem is how to display the information.> Generally speaking, you want it to be in a time zone that makes sense to> users, which means you need user preferences. Even if you default to a> specific time zone, you still have the issue of DST; see previous> discussion.>> (Unless you're someone like me, in which case you'll happily put the> info in ISO 8601 format in UTC and let the users learn to like it.)
Or we could put it into the HTML is UTC and let the Javascriptreformat it to local time for readers.  Oh, wait--don't we already dothat?

Scott