[typo] Timezones

mathew meta at pobox.com
Mon Apr 24 23:46:47 EDT 2006

Trejkaz wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 April 2006 01:01, mathew wrote:
>
>> Read the rest of the e-mail, where I consider that possibility and point
>> out the problems it has.
>>

> There is a sum total of one problem with storing times in UTC, and that is the
> question of what to do when a single user posts from multiple timezones.

No, that's not a problem. The problem is how to display the information.
Generally speaking, you want it to be in a time zone that makes sense to
users, which means you need user preferences. Even if you default to a
specific time zone, you still have the issue of DST; see previous
discussion.

(Unless you're someone like me, in which case you'll happily put the
info in ISO 8601 format in UTC and let the users learn to like it.)

mathew