[typo] Timezones

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Mon Apr 24 12:24:48 EDT 2006

mathew <meta at pobox.com> writes:
> [a long explanation of why times and dates are hard]

As soon as someone ports perl's DateTime[1] (which solves all mathew's
issues and more; mathew forgot to mention leap seconds, time deltas
where daylight savings is switching over and, oh, a bunch of other
stuff) I'll happily switch to using it for Typo's dates. Until that
happy day, I'll live with stashing everything as GMT (which may well
not be what we do now, but patches welcome) and displaying with simple
time deltas.

1. http://datetime.perl.org/
--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>