[typo] Timezones

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Sun Apr 23 14:38:16 EDT 2006

"Syed Uzair Aqeel" <uzair at nairang.org> writes:
> As a compromise, how about storing time in UTC and the offset in use when
> the entry was posted? Or, more acceptable, the timezone code, eg.

Time's a minefield and Timzone codes doubly so. It turns out they're
not unique. One of Perl's wins is the work that Dave Rolsky did on
the DateTime library (to the extent that every time I work with dates
in Ruby I find myself wishing someone had ported DateTime).  I'm all
for stashing everything in GMT though.

However, it's not something I'm going to lose any sleep over fixing;
I'm happy enough with our delta based time reporting for comments and
the likes. So long as articles are displayed in chronological order
I'm pretty happy. Your mileage may vary of course, so patches are welcome.

Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>