[typo] Typo as a Google Summer of Code project?

Peter Donald peter at realityforge.org
Mon Apr 17 21:59:12 EDT 2006

I think you should check out the eligibility requirements for mentor
organizations via the mentor faq at
http://code.google.com/soc/mentorfaq.html#5 - As far as I am aware the
organization need not be a non-profit or even an organization (an
individual qualifies as a mentor organization).

On 4/18/06, Scott Laird <scott at sigkill.org> wrote:
> I can help with this, but I don't have a clue what the rules are fororganizations.  I can ask around inside of Google if I need to.  Atthe very least, the sponsoring organization needs to exist as a legalentity, because they get paid $500 per project that is completed.  Worst-case, Google itself can sponsor the project and I can act as amentor.  If anyone has any good project ideas that would be good for asummer's worth of programming, let me know.
> Although, frankly, I suspect that someone could start from scratch andre-implement all of Typo in less time then that :-).

Peter Donald