[typo] Typo as a Google Summer of Code project?

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Apr 17 14:25:22 EDT 2006

I can help with this, but I don't have a clue what the rules are fororganizations.  I can ask around inside of Google if I need to.  Atthe very least, the sponsoring organization needs to exist as a legalentity, because they get paid $500 per project that is completed.  Worst-case, Google itself can sponsor the project and I can act as amentor.  If anyone has any good project ideas that would be good for asummer's worth of programming, let me know.
Although, frankly, I suspect that someone could start from scratch andre-implement all of Typo in less time then that :-).

Scott
On 4/17/06, Tyler Prete <psyonic at gmail.com> wrote:>> I'm not exactly sure who the best person to send this idea to would be, so I> am just sending it to this list.  My apologies if it does not belong on> here.  Google just announced their 2006 Summer of Code, and they are looking> for mentor organizations.  I am going to apply, and I would really love to> work on something Ruby-related, such as Typo, and I'm sure there are other> people with the same attitude.  I am not exactly sure of the rules for> organizations, but I think it would at least be worth looking into.>> Here is the link to the Mentor FAQ:> http://code.google.com/soc/mentorfaq.html>> Thanks,> --Tyler Prete>> P.S.  I see that as of today, Ruby Central has registered as an> organization, and is looking for ideas and mentors.  I'm not sure if Typo> could/would want to go through them but it is an idea.>> _______________________________________________> Typo-list mailing list> Typo-list at rubyforge.org> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list>>