[typo] jabber_notify.rb error

mathew meta at pobox.com
Mon Apr 17 00:41:33 EDT 2006

Piers Cawley wrote:
> Give me a codebase with good tests and lousy
> documentation and I can write the documentation reasonably
> quickly.

Yes, but you haven't. And until you do, you'll have a bad codebase,
because the API's requirements and contracts will be undocumented. This
in turn will mean people won't feel confident using the code. If you're
lucky, all you get is few 3rd party plugins or themes. If you're
unlucky, you'll get duplicate code and bloat.

>  Give me a codebase with apparently excellent documentation
> and no tests and I will have very little confidence that it does what
> the docs say.

Which is why I didn't say documentation was an alternative to unit tests.

I view both as necessary. I'd point out that you're the one taking an
extreme position here, apparently saying that only one of them is.

>  I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that render_sidebar
> was the preferred way when I added it, both here and in the change
> log.

Need I mention that change logs and mailing list traffic are not
documentation?

On Apr 16, 2006, at 10:52 , Piers Cawley wrote:

> Bollocks.

Thank you, Mr Pot.

mathew