[typo] jabber_notify.rb error

mathew meta at pobox.com
Sun Apr 16 12:15:49 EDT 2006

On Apr 16, 2006, at 10:52 , Piers Cawley wrote:
> mathew <meta at pobox.com> writes:
>> Documentation is as essential to good software as tests.
>
> Bollocks. I'd take good tests over good documentation any day of the
> week.

Well you're wrong, and we've just had a clear example of why you're
wrong discussed on the list.

No amount of unit tests was ever going to tell people that
render_component was deprecated, and that render_sidebar should be
used instead. Hence, people used render_component to render sidebars
in all those fancy competition themes, and they all broke.

End result: poor typo reliability.

Documentation is as essential as unit tests when you have APIs being
used by people who aren't the developers of the API. Anyone who
doesn't see that is a hack.

mathew