[typo] Theme URL layout

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Sat Apr 15 10:40:40 EDT 2006

On Saturday 15 April 2006 22:01, Gary Shewan wrote:
> Bottom line is that people aren't going to comply to your prospective
> standard just to make your life easier.  Can't see it happening.

Let's take a simple example which has happened in the past.  Typo goes and
adds a new sidebar which requires some new style.

Two things could happen here.  Either:

  1. Every theme becomes broken because they haven't yet added any code to
     explicitly handle this new sidebar.  Or:

  2. Every theme still works because they're all inheriting from the base
     theme which at least has a sensible default style.

It doesn't take a degree in astrophysics to see which of these two scenarios
is better, and it would take a pretty narrow mind to think that this is "just
making my life easier."  The fact of the matter is, it would make life easier
for every theme designer, not to mention every end user.

TX

             Email: trejkaz at trypticon.org
         Jabber ID: trejkaz at trypticon.org
          Web site: http://trypticon.org/