[typo] Theme URL layout

Gary Shewan gpsnospam at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 08:01:16 EDT 2006

On 15 Apr 2006, at 12:30, Trejkaz wrote:

> If the designer is following good code layout for their CSS in the
> first place
> (i.e. layout in one file, fonts in another file, colours and images in
> another file) then they wouldn't need to put any further effort
> in.  As I
> frequently say during my day job, a web designer who doesn't lay
> things out
> in a maintainable fashion is not a designer, but a mere artist.

An admirable standard to set yourself, but a lot don't.  That's not
going to change anytime soon.  Everybody has their own way of doing
things.

> Disagreed.  Anything which requires constant attention in the long
> run can't
> possibly be easier than something which doesn't.

I put in the work to understand what my theme does.  A poor example -
when Piers posted the sidebar solution it took me two seconds to
replace it.  If I couldn't be bothered to have done that initial work
to understand what was going on, and relied on other people to put
the work in then I wouldn't have a clue and it would have took me
ages to try and fix the issue or ask someone else to do it.

Which is where your idea comes in.

But.

Bottom line is that people aren't going to comply to your prospective
standard just to make your life easier.  Can't see it happening.