[typo] Theme URL layout

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Sat Apr 15 07:30:39 EDT 2006

On Saturday 15 April 2006 20:32, Gary Shewan wrote:
> On 15 Apr 2006, at 03:06, Trejkaz wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 April 2006 00:35, Gary Shewan wrote:
> >
> > No it's not.  Copying is a hassle.  As soon as Azure updates
> > something, I
> > would have to figure out what changed and merge those changes in.
> >
> > However, if all I did was include Azure and then change the fonts,
> > any changes
> > to other things would follow through.
>
> But like I said Terjkaz, people aren't going to structure themes just
> to save you hassle ... they'd be very, very nice people if they did
> but designers tend to be ... 'protective' of their work (only right
> as well).  Nobody is going to put in the extra work required just to
> save somebody else hassle.

If the designer is following good code layout for their CSS in the first place
(i.e. layout in one file, fonts in another file, colours and images in
another file) then they wouldn't need to put any further effort in.  As I
frequently say during my day job, a web designer who doesn't lay things out
in a maintainable fashion is not a designer, but a mere artist.

> It truly is easier in the long run to work out what's happening and
> make the changes yourself.  Painful and frustrating at times, but
> easier in the long run.

Disagreed.  Anything which requires constant attention in the long run can't
possibly be easier than something which doesn't.

TX

             Email: trejkaz at trypticon.org
         Jabber ID: trejkaz at trypticon.org
          Web site: http://trypticon.org/