[typo] jabber_notify.rb error

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Fri Apr 14 04:00:17 EDT 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 14:35, Piers Cawley wrote:
> Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk> writes:
> > extra understanding from the first, failed solution. As I've explained
> > in my blog[1], I'm not totally averse (but getting more averse by
> Oopsie. Forgot the footnote. Here it is:
> 1. http://www.bofh.org.uk/articles/2006/03/12/if-you-test-it-i-will-patch

Just out of curiosity, how does one test a feature which by its very nature
requires contact with a server somewhere?  Is there a common Jabber server
which unit tests might be able to connect to, which would always be present
in order to test something like Jabber notifications?

The same problem exists with mail notifications, naturally.

One might say that you can stub the thing which sends the mail.  But if you
also stubbed the thing which sends the instant message, the existing
notification for Jabber would seem to be working, because the broken code is
inside the method you would need to stub.

             Email: trejkaz at trypticon.org
         Jabber ID: trejkaz at trypticon.org
          Web site: http://trypticon.org/