[typo] HTML structure

Josh Susser josh at hasmanythrough.com
Fri Apr 14 02:27:41 EDT 2006

I'm a happy user of Scribbish.  It's a great foundation, simply and
easy to mod.  I think it's great to use it as inspiration for an
upgrade of the typo theme system.

If you want to get CSS happy, I'll suggest generating CSS from ERb
templates.  I put together a simple solution for that in Rails -
check out this article on my blog:
http://blog.hasmanythrough.com/articles/2006/03/23/dirt-simple-rcss-
templates
The cool thing about using RCSS is you can parameterize style
settings in the database and generate the CSS based on those values.

The one thing I didn't like about how Scribbish does CSS is that it
has so many files.  Each reader hits my server six times just to get
the CSS for one page!  I ended up merging all the modular files into
one, and even if it's not a big deal for my server my log files are
smaller and easier for me to look at if I need to.  But going with an
RCSS based system you could generate one file easily.  I haven't
tried it, but I think my RCSS trick should support partials, which
would allow for modular construction of the CSS with little effort.

--
Josh Susser