[typo] Questions for a white paper involving a demo install of Typo

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Tue Apr 11 14:36:00 EDT 2006

Oh, and one other thing--if you use the current Typo trunk and runmemcached on your servers, then you *should* be able to use Rails'memcache fragment cache implementation, so you'll have a working cachespread across multiple front-end servers with correct cacheinvalidation.

Scott
On 4/11/06, Scott Laird <scott at sigkill.org> wrote:> One suggestion: turn off all of the sidebars.  The current sidebar> implementation has some performance issues with Typo with at least> some versions of rails; I haven't benchmarked it recently.>>> Scott>> On 4/11/06, Leibowitz, Samuel J <Samuel.Leibowitz at unisys.com> wrote:> > All,> >> > I've been asked to put together a white paper about Ruby on Rails.> > Rather write yet another article with a simple proof-of-concept> > application tutorial, I thought it might be more interesting to talk> > about scaling issues.  With that in mind, my current plan is to set up> > Typo in a multiple server environment, turn off caching, and start load> > testing it to see how many FCGI listeners on each box gets the best> > performance. The results would form the basis of the paper.> >> > My hope is that an article specifically about how Rails apps get> > deployed in high-volume, high-availability environments would be more> > interesting than another round of "now let's do script/generate> > scaffold..."> >> > I'd appreciate any feedback you might have to offer, both on whether or> > not you'd find such a paper interesting, and on any particular> > implementation issues that spring to mind.  Maybe it'll even be useful> > if you happen to have a Typo-driven blog so popular that you need a> > half-dozen dedicated servers just to run it. ;)> >> > Many thanks for your time,> >> > Sam Leibowitz <Samuel.Leibowitz at Unisys.com>> > Comm Solution Development> > Unisys> > phone: 610.648.3702> >> > _______________________________________________> > Typo-list mailing list> > Typo-list at rubyforge.org> > http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list> >>