[typo] Questions for a white paper involving a demo install of Typo

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Tue Apr 11 14:34:32 EDT 2006

One suggestion: turn off all of the sidebars.  The current sidebarimplementation has some performance issues with Typo with at leastsome versions of rails; I haven't benchmarked it recently.

Scott
On 4/11/06, Leibowitz, Samuel J <Samuel.Leibowitz at unisys.com> wrote:> All,>> I've been asked to put together a white paper about Ruby on Rails.> Rather write yet another article with a simple proof-of-concept> application tutorial, I thought it might be more interesting to talk> about scaling issues.  With that in mind, my current plan is to set up> Typo in a multiple server environment, turn off caching, and start load> testing it to see how many FCGI listeners on each box gets the best> performance. The results would form the basis of the paper.>> My hope is that an article specifically about how Rails apps get> deployed in high-volume, high-availability environments would be more> interesting than another round of "now let's do script/generate> scaffold...">> I'd appreciate any feedback you might have to offer, both on whether or> not you'd find such a paper interesting, and on any particular> implementation issues that spring to mind.  Maybe it'll even be useful> if you happen to have a Typo-driven blog so popular that you need a> half-dozen dedicated servers just to run it. ;)>> Many thanks for your time,>> Sam Leibowitz <Samuel.Leibowitz at Unisys.com>> Comm Solution Development> Unisys> phone: 610.648.3702>> _______________________________________________> Typo-list mailing list> Typo-list at rubyforge.org> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list>