[typo] Passing info to sidebars

Victor Jalencas victor-typo at carotena.net
Mon Apr 10 18:04:31 EDT 2006

Hi all,

  this is a question for the sidebar experts. I'm interested in having
access, from the sidebars, to information from the main controller.
I.e., I'd like to write a couple of sidebars for the article controller,
and its display action, that show the main page article's trackbacks, or
  metadata, or comments count, or whatever. I could obtain the id from
the request and do a search for it, but ideally I should be able to
directly obtain the main controller's @article.

  Is there a way and I am missing something obvious, or should a
mechanism be ideated to pass the @article from the main controller to
the sidebars? I've tried using the flash object but doesn't work (or I'm
not using it correctly).

  Any ideas? TIA