[typo] With trunk, can no longer login as Admin [SOLVED]

phil phil at cryer.us
Thu Apr 6 10:48:40 EDT 2006

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:03:43 -0500, Jake Good <jake at whoisjake.com> wrote:
> Err copy the hash out of the log/development.log file
>
> Minor detail omission.
>
> Jake Good wrote:
>> This might not be the best way... but throw your blog into development
>> mode... try your OLD password, copy the hash and replace it in the db.
>>
>> I didn't that when the hashes went bad after a migrate. Worked like a
> charm.
>>
>> Jake
>>
>> Gary Shewan wrote:

>>> You could use phpmyadmin (or whatever you like) to delete your user
>>> from the user table ... if there aren't any users I'm pretty sure
>>> Typo let's you sign up with a new user.

Ah, thanks for everyone's help, this is now fixed.  And since I *hate* it when I search mailing lists to find an answer just to see someone say, "never mind, I fixed it" without saying how they fixed it, here ya go:

Symptom: couldn't login as admin to Typo site

Solution: go into database, switch to Typo database and enter:

delete from users where id=1;

fire up your site/admin

re-create the admin acct.

I'm sure there's other ways to handle this, but this works.  Thanks again

http://fak3r.com - you dont have to kick it