[typo] Globalize plugin on Typo

David Verdú david.tunoheavy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 04:08:26 EDT 2006

Hello! I'm Trying to add localization to my Typo installation with Globalize
Plugin but, what my surprise!

1. script/plugin script doesn't exists. Why Typo hasn't this script?

2. I have tryed to checkout by hand latest Globalize version into
vendor/plugins (plugins folder created by me), vendor and lib folders with
subversion. Globalize is taken from
Then, I invoqued script/generate migrate and rake migrate, and It seems to
run well; database was updated with globalize tables. But, when I use on
views t method, application breaks with this line:

%= link_to("edit".t, { :controller => "admin/content", :action =>
"edit", :id => @article },
         :class => "admintools", :style => "display: none", :id =>
"admin_article") %>

Dumping this error:

undefined method `t' for "edit":String

Why are typo folders structure slightly different from normal Rails
applications? so, What things should I change to set globalize correctly on
I'm using *typo-2.6.0_rails_1_0<http://rubyforge.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=4771>