[typo] typo-2.5.5 user wondering about running off of SVN

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Sep 28 18:38:54 EDT 2005

I'm using typo-2.5.5 running on lighttpd/fastcgi to power a niche
grid computing blog (http://gridengine.info). Both ruby and rails are
new to me so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

So far things are running great. I've been trawling the typo mailing
list archives and have one basic question ...

It seems that many people are happily running code directly off of
the SVN repository. Am I missing any new features or abilities that
are in SVN but not in the 2.5.5 tarball?  Should I switch over to a
SVN checkout? What do the majority of people use?