[typo] Adding Contact Form

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Tue Sep 27 13:33:22 EDT 2005

This may be more of a general Rails question, but hopefully it's
relevant to other novice Typo users.

How can I make a contact form on my blog? I generated a Mailer, but I
really haven't a clue how to use it (the documentation boggles my mind).

I also created a "Contact" controller (and added a corresponding
"index.rhtml" view):

class ContactController < ApplicationController
  layout :theme_layout

  def index
    @page_title = "Contact"
    render :action => "index"
  end
end

But I still get this kind of stuff going on:
|undefined local variable or method `page_title' for
#<ActionView::Base:0x405a9944>

So yeah, should be pretty obvious to folks that I don't know what I'm
doing at all. I know I could do this in about 10 seconds with the
"Pages" functionality and some PHP (sooo tempting), but I need to expose
myself to a little more Rails.

Any help, or pointers to relevant source documentation would be appreciated.

Mike