[typo] new blog / routes.rb Q

Ian Holsman lists at holsman.net
Mon Sep 26 23:37:41 EDT 2005

Michael Purvis wrote:
> This looks like arbitrary-depth sub-categories, and I wouldn't know how
> to do that purely with routing.rb, unless you wanted a whole pile of
> really awkward rules.
>
> What's needed is a rule where the entire path after point X gets passed
> to the action as an array, and then the action can go about crunching it.
>
> Of course, if you want something extraordinarly goofy, you could put a
> mod_rewrite rule directly in your .htaccess which just converts all
> slashes to underscores, so that your mega-path:
> http://leisurelearning.com.au/f/Buki+Toys/Developmental+Products/Near+And+Far/688

thats similar to what I do today.. but I just remove the stuff ;-) I was
trying to avoid rewrite.. but it looks like you can't.

> Looks to Rails like:
> http://leisurelearning.com.au/f/Buki+Toys_Developmental+Products_Near+And+Far/688
>
> However, I'm sure someone here would have a better solution. (And of
> course, remember that Typo is a blog engine, not a CMS. I don't know of
> any particularly interesting rails-CMS projects at the moment, outside
> of Amy Hoy's one... but that hasn't seen a release yet, just a screenshot)
>
> Mike

I pinged Amy to see if she's gone any further with it (I hope so.. it
looks nice).
A IRC member pointed also  me to http://handsgallery.com/ where typo is
being used as a basic CMS... which looks perfect for what I need for a
couple of other things...