[typo] Search results was Re: Testing LiveController?

bradley taylor bradley at fluxura.com
Mon Sep 26 09:25:23 EDT 2005

Works great. Thanks.

My next concern for adding searchable pages is that the search
results page (not ajax) displays the entire article for found posts
and how to handle displaying pages.  Does rendering the entire
body_html make sense for a page?

For rendering pages on the search result page, I see a couple of

1. Follow the existing pattern and render the entire page body_html.
2. Summarize the page using extract for keywords in the body and
truncate for keywords in the title. Add some processing to the view
to determine which keywords were found in what part of the page
(title and occurrence in body_html). This approach would yield a
result formated similar to Google.

I've implemented #1 and it looks weird. If I implement #2, should I
change the display of found articles to render the same way for

Opinions or other ideas?

Bradley Taylor