[typo] Markdown error on paragraph starting with a link

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Mon Sep 19 17:20:02 EDT 2005

Hi again everyone,

I seem to be having some difficulty with Markdown. I definitely prefer
it to Textile, but it's acting up on code that looks like this:

[This link](http://somesite.com) goes to an interesting site.

Plugging it into Gruber's online tester works fine, but Typo gobbles up
the link and just spits out:

goes to an interesting site.

If I insert a single character before the link then it's fine. But this
shouldn't be a necessary step, particularly with several dozen entries
all possibly containing something like this. Help... ?