[typo] Photo Gallery Addon for Typo

Corey Donohoe corey.donohoe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:00:32 EDT 2005

On 9/13/05, Trejkaz <trejkaz at trypticon.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 03:36, Paul McKellar wrote:
> > why don't you guys use flicker+type combinations.
> >
> > i only ask because i'm looking at getting a pro account.

the pricing is sane, service is pretty good from what I gather, but as its
been noted elsewhere it's quickly becoming heavily yahoo influenced. One of
my friends got a pro account and loves it, but if you wanna share a bunch of
your own photos and already have webspace/server available to you, why not
leverage that? I like the idea of tying my photos directly into my blog,
more than linking externally. :) Now I did see a pretty cool gallery app for
some other blog software(textpattern, wordpress or somethin like that) that
can parse your sets and stuff from rss and presented it in a really cool
fashion. If I had a flickr account I'd prolly go that route as it's
essentially the same kinda thing. You could even use rails caching and make
it quite snappy, but for the time being I'll be pursuing this little tangent
of development. :)

Just a stab in the dark, but I guess it's because Flickr charge for what is
> really quite a simple service. If you're not expecting a slashdotting,
> most
> people don't need that kind of hosting. :-)

More or less yeah, plus it's a fun side project.

TX

> --
> Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz at trypticon.org>
> Web site: http://trypticon.org/
> Jabber ID: trejkaz at jabber.zim.net.au
> GPG Fingerprint: 9EEB 97D7 8F7B 7977 F39F A62C B8C7 BC8B 037E EA73

Corey Donohoe
http://www.atmos.org/
corey.donohoe at gmail.com