[typo] Photo Gallery Addon for Typo

Corey Donohoe corey.donohoe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:52:56 EDT 2005

On 9/14/05, Paul McKellar <socialmoth.blog at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok those answers all made sense. my personal use pattern is post
> albums and post information on the blog. and i've been having a lot of
> problems getting a good uploader working on my mac.
> (http://paulmckellar.com/blog/articles/2005/09/08/pictures problems
> description of different attempts)
>
> i would really love a rotater based on exif

exhibits does this natively

that posts an album from a folder using some uploading process (there are so
> many). and give me
> boxes that allow me to add comments to each picture and album comments
> that also get placed in my blog. oh and it has to load from finder,

these arent instance expectations, i heard flickr has a pretty cool
standalone update program for macs. I don't have a mac anymore to test
though. :(

not iphoto. iphoto does all the organization and i can't get all my
> 40+ gigs of photos in their databases on my laptop. i know everyone
> has their own work pattern/process so i'm just hoping for something i
> like. i do like that flickr allows all my photos to be up, all the
> time. labels are nice but not a must have.
>
> but that is my holy grail. there has to be something that fits well (i
> hope).
>
> i hope this isn't too off topic for the blog list, sorry to the devs : )
>
> Paul
>
> On 9/13/05, mike at uwmike.com <mike at uwmike.com> wrote:
> > > Please forgive my ignorance[1] but what do you mean by Flicker+type
> > > combinations? Are you simply referring to a tagging approach?
> >
> > I think he's referring to the traditional approach of blog with blog
> > software, host pictures on Flickr, and then pull recent thumbs into a
> > sidebar widget.
> >
> > It's fine for (some) personal sites, but it's typically not an
> acceptable
> > solution for a client situation. Flickr for Joe's SXSW snaps is one
> thing,
> > for Ellen's oil on canvases, it's quite something else.
> >
> > Mike

Corey Donohoe
http://www.atmos.org/
corey.donohoe at gmail.com