[typo] Photo Gallery Addon for Typo

Anoop Ranganath anoop at ranganath.com
Tue Sep 13 19:11:11 EDT 2005

> Just a stab in the dark, but I guess it's because Flickr charge for what is
> really quite a simple service.  If you're not expecting a slashdotting, most
> people don't need that kind of hosting. :-)

Well, I'd say that what the posters are asking for is a pretty small
subset of what Flickr does.  The community aspect of Flickr is very
important to some people, myself included.

I think there's a place for both solutions.  The Flickr one should be
considerably easier, as they provide robust APIs for most things.

Perhaps someone should work on a typo plug-in that calls an abstract API
for image storage and organization.  Then we can implement Flickr, disk,
database, Gmail, and any other type of datastore for the gallery as the
need arises.