[typo] multiblog, redirects

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Thu Sep 8 13:14:23 EDT 2005

Justus Pendleton wrote:

> My understanding is that multi-blog support requires fairly invasive
> changes to, well, pretty much everything...

I realise this. It pretty much has to be in the design from the ground-up.

> How is this different from categories?  I don't think it would require
> more than a few lines of code to allow permalinks in the style you
> mention.  There is a patch on trac (#363) that adds some hooks to let
> you do per-category formatting.  Hopefully that, or something similar,
> will be committed eventually.

Interesting. I've already played with routing a bit to give me more
control over the locations of the static pages.
("/pages/portfolio_index/" is accessible from "/portfolio/", and
"/pages/porfolio_job1/" from "/portfolio/job1/")

It would be easy enough to categorize categories... tack an extra field
"type" on there, and then have an alternative sidebar widget that can
exclude categories of a particular type. I'll experiment with this
implementation, thanks...

Mike