[typo] typo

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Thu Sep 8 10:58:18 EDT 2005

On Sep 8, 2005, at 7:45 AM, Paul McKellar wrote:

> so i've been playing with typo and the stopdesign guy's idea
> http://www.stopdesign.com/  of having photon export iphoto picture
> directly to typo via MT api.   but something seems to be dying when
> the plug creates a new catagory, (i want a new category based on the
> album title)  so that i can list categories and get albums lists (with
> image counts)  is anyone having trouble with the add category MT api?
> i can add categories from the website, and select them via the plug
> in.  just not from the plug in.
> - summery of the idea follows for those interested in the bigger
> sense -
> and then i htink it should just be a matter of some css and views
> controllers tailoring to get a good looking photo album.
> new post for each image. categories are albums (or maybe keywords in
> iphoto but i don't like labels as much although that is a better
> match). makes for easy posting of lots of images (resizing and posting
> is already built, along with comments syncing between iphoto and blog
> as of posting time)

We don't currently support any APIs for creating new categories.
It's probably easy enough to add them, but I can't see a
'createCategory' or similar API listed in either the MT or MetaWebLog
API docs.

Can you tell us which API the Photon plugin is trying to use?  If you
could find an API description, that'd be great, but even name is
better then nothing.