[typo] Another Frustrating Dreamhost/Rails/Typo experience

Michael Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Tue Sep 6 22:18:10 EDT 2005

I'm glad to hear that it's a DH (and hopefully temporary) issue. I'd
been feeling awfully disappointed with Rails... what's the good of
kickass dev tools if they can't even keep themselves running?

I had actually switched it to production last night, and it seems to
have been mostly up today. Frequently very slow, but at least up.
Originally I had been using the DH Rails, and then I saw the
fcgi_handler suggestion, so I went ahead and installed my own ruby and
rails and the modified handler. It didn't seem to make a lot of
difference, so I think I'm back running on the DH Rails now, but yeah, I
did try that.

Okay, here's a different question: Is it possible to configure Typo's
(archive/slug)... I'm cool with setting up a redirect, but it's that
much smoother if it can just handle it.

Also, do the "pages" have to be at /pages/mypage, or can they be
configured to be at /mypage? Is that even possible under rails, or do
need to have the name of the controller there in the URL?

Thanks for all the help,

Mike